Chana Dal 2 cups
Green Chillies 5 thai
Onion 1 medium
Ginger small piece
Min leaves few
Corriander powder 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
- Soak Chana dal for atleast 3 hrs; drain away excess water; keep 1/2 cup soaked chana in a separate bowl.
- Blend the remaining chana as coarse powder.
- Now, add the 1/2 cup chana kept aside to this coarse powder.
- Add green chillies, finely chopped onions, corriander powder, Cilantro, finely chopped ginger, chopped mint leaves, Salt and mix altogether.
- Take oil in a deep frying pan and let it heat up.
- Now, take a bowl with some water and a ziploc to make vadas.
- Make ur palm little bit wet and rub the ziploc with ur wet hand.
- Now take the chana mixture and make it as dumplings and press them on the ziploc as patties. You can even make pattis on ur palm itself.
- Drop these pattis in the heated oil one by one and let them turn golden brown.
- thats it, delicious masala vada is ready.