Super easy, yummy and quick recipe.
All purpose flour -1 cup (i prefer self-raising flour for baking)
Sugar white - 3/4 th cup
Eggs - 3 large
Butter - 4 oz melted
Orange zest from 1 medium orange
1 tsp cardamom powder
Baking powder 1 tsp
Usually this recipe contains vanilla extract but i skipped it. For sweettoothers like me, u can even have them during tea time as well but they will be on sweeter side though!
1. Beat eggs and sugar with hand mixer until you see creamy texture. Well beaten is the key for soft madeleines.
2. Add melted butter.
3. Sift the flour and tuck in the flour little by little and mix well.
4. Add the orange zest, cardamom powder and baking powder; mix with a spatula.
5. Pour the mixture into the madeleines molds/pan.
6. Preheat the oven at 450 F and bake for 4 mins and then reduce the temp to 350 F and bake for 4 more minutes. This helps the batter raise at high temp and then slows down giving the nice bulgy shape to cookies. Temp varies from oven to oven - so please keep an eye to avoid burning.
Once the cookies are done, u can let them cool down before enjoying.