shrimp - 25 pieces
onion - 1 medium size
green chillis - 3
oil - 50 ml
tamarind pulp - (soak tamarind in small amount of water, squeeze tamarind and make as thick paste)
ginger paste - 1 tbs
cloves - 8
cinnamon sticks - 3
cardomom - 4
garlic - 4 cloves
cashews - 7
salt - as required
red chilli powder - acc to spice level
yogurt - 4tbs
turmeric - pinch
poppy seeds - 1 tsp
corionder leaves - half bunch
- Clean the shrimp with hot water.
- Add little turmeric,salt and yogurt to cleaned shrimp and mix it. keep it aside for 3min and clean with cold water keep it a side. (shrimp smell will go off)
- Grind 4 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 cardomom, garlic, cashews and poppy seeds until it becomes fine paste.make ginger paste separately.
- Finely chop the onion,chillis and corriander.
- Take a pan and heat the 50 ml oil add 3 cloves and 1 cardomom and 1 cinnamon let it fry and add chopped onions,chillies; fry for 2min,add shrimp to onions,add turmeric and salt and ginger paste and stir it altogether.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 5min till onions turn to golden brown color. add grinded paste and stir the entire mixture.
- Add red chilli powder and pour tamarind pulp and salt. add corriander leaves.
- Let it boil for 10 min in sim flame. boil till the gravy becomes thick and gives nice smell :D...