Basmati Rice 2 cups
Green Chillis 8 thai
Onions 1 big
Oil for sauté
Yogurt ½ cup
Corriander Powder 1 tbsp
Biryani Mix 2 Oz (I use Shan Bombay Biryani Mix)
Cinnamon Sticks 2
Star Anise 2
Bay Leaves 4
Kasoori Methi 1 tbsp
Egg Coating :
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Corriander Powder 1 tsp
Melted Butter 5 tbsp
Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder ½ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
- è First Wash rice and soak them for 30 mins. Pour water just until the rice gets dipped. Don’t put excess water. Boil 8 eggs, take off the shells; poke each egg slightly with fork (it makes eggs absorb the flavours and tastes good instead of bland taste) and keep them aside.
- è Take Oil required for Saute in a pan; let it heat up and add all the Whole Spices specified in ingredients.
- è Now add chopped Green Chillies, Chopped onions and sauté them until onions become tender.
- è Add Biryani Mix, Corriander powder to sautéed onions. Add Yogurt, stir together.
- è Now add 3 cups of water. NOTE : Measure the rice and water with same size cup.
- è Add required salt, close lid and bring water to boil. Now add soaked rice to boiled water and close the lid; Put medium flame.
- è Let it cook until u see some bubbles/gaps between rice; it is the measure when the rice has been cooked more than half.
- è Now, open the lid, stir altogether once; reduce the flame to as low as possible; close lid and let the rice get cooked completely. If you feel it becoming mushy, just open the lid and let it cooked openly.
Egg Coating Preparation :
- 1. Take all the Egg coating ingredients (except butter) and whisk it thoroughly.
- 2. Take a pan with butter and heat up; Now Dip each Boiled egg into step 1 mixture and put it in the pan. Proceed the same with all the remaining boiled eggs.
- 3. Let all the eggs gets sautéed. Coating should become golden brown.
- Now add these sautéed coated eggs to the above cooked rice. Stir it altogether, sprinkle some chopped coriander, switch off the flame and serve it hot…
Yummy and Spicy Egg Biryani ready J