Tofu 1 Extra Firm
Rice 2 cups
Onions 1 medium
Potatoes 2 cnt
Spinach 1/4 bunch
Red Bell pepper 1
Mixed Vegetables 3/4th cup (frozen)
Green Chillies 10 thai
Kasuri Methi 2 tbsp
Oil for saute in a wide pan and for deepfry in deepfry pan
Mustard seeds 2 tbsp
Black Pepper 1/4 tsp
Corriander powder 2 tsp
Salt as required
Red Chillies 3 cnt
Turmeric 1 tbsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
(looks like long list? don't worry easy to prepare & worth it; atleast better than eating outside ;) )
Draining and Frying Tofu :
- Drain out the excess water from tofu.
- Place tofu on a wide pan or plate, place couple of paper napkins on top of tofu.
- Put some weight(to remove all the water from tofu) on top of the napkins. Stack of vessels would work. keep this weight for atleast 30 mins.
- Chop the drained tofu into small cubes and deep fry them and keep them aside.
- Thaw frozen vegetables for atleast 20 mins.
- Cook rice and keep it aside.
- Take 5 egg whites and 1 egg with yolk, whisk it thoroughly and keep it aside.
- In the meanwhile, chop onions, potatoes, spinach, green chillies, bell pepper, cilantro and keep it aside.
- Take oil in a wide pan for saute.
- Add all the ingredients(except soy sauce)one by one, close the lid and let them saute for atleast 15-20 mins on medium-high flame.Add whisked egg whites too. Do not let the ingredients burn down.
- Now, add the fried tofu to the sauteed vegetables, close the lid again and let it cook for another 5 mins (tofu will absorb all the flavours and tastes good).
- Add cooked rice to the sauted mixture and stir it altogether and let it cook for 5-10 mins on med-low flame. Switch off the flame and add soy sauce and mix it well.
Last but not least, add some chopped cilantro and serve it hot with lemons or even it tastes good with 'Hot n sweet' sauce.