2 Cups Basmati Rice
1 large Onion (thinly sliced)
1 large Potato (cut into small cubes)
4 Green Chillies (chopped)
3 tablespoons Jeera or Cumin seeds
3 tablespoons Jeera Powder (optional-I prefer it bcoz it gives extra-flavour to the rice)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 tablespoons of Oil or Ghee
salt as per taste
- Take Basmati Rice(washed and drained) in a bowl.
- Add 1sp of oil/ghee and 1sp of Jeera and add 4 cups of water to the drained rice.
- Now keep the bowl in a Pressure Cooker and Bring to boil.
- Heat oil/ghee on medium level in a large heavy-bottomed vessel for about 2 minutes.
- Add mustard seeds and 2sp Jeera and fry for 2 minutes till the seeds splutter.
- Add greenchillies, onion, potato and let it fry for 5 minutes.
- Add Jeera powder, little bit of salt and mix it well and let it fry for another 2 minutes.
- Now add boiled rice to the above mix and add salt as per your taste and mix the rice well and serve it hot with Soya Chunk Curry and Raitha.
SOYA CHUNK CURRY