Its been a while and i update this post with a few changes.I am soo excited! Finally found something perfect yet healthy snack for my sweet tooth - yes granola! Found couple of videos but ended up preparing my own as per my tastebuds. Could not wait to share my simple recipe with these ingredients
Extra thick rolled oats - 3 cups
Brown sugar - i measured it as 1/8 th cup for each cup of oats. Since i took 3 cups of oats, i used 3-1/8 th cups of brown sugar.
Maple syrup - 5 tbsp
Black raisins - 1/2 cup (optional)
Cranberries - 1/4 cup ( optional)
Canola oil - 5 tbsp (replacing with butter tasted better but count on the fat as well 😊)
Nuts - walnuts, pecans, almonds ( i measured 1/4 th cup for each kind)
1. Take oats, nuts, cranberries in a mixing bowl.
2. Chop ur nuts either with hands or in a chopper, mix them together with #1.
3. Take oil, maple syrup and sugar in a bowl and simmer it for 2 mins until sugar melts.(at the end, i felt this step might not be needed as it sits in oven for a while)
No need of step 3.
4. Pre heat oven to 325 F.( more or less based on ur oven).
5. Mix well all the ingredients except black raisins in a big bowl.
6. Grease a pan with some oil/ butter if u like and spread the mixture on the pan.
7. Bake in oven for 35 mins, stirring 3 times every 12 mins or so.
After 35 mins, take out the pan, let it cool down and transfer to an air tight container..
I have to see how long it stays fresh for my parfait.
You can have it either with milk for breakfast or with yogurt for snack.
So, here it is my yummy snack is ready